Polynesian Stingray Yoga Mat
All of our cork yoga mats are
- Made of 100% natural materials
- Eco-friendly and sustainable
- Have improved grip when wet
- Take it to the beach, practice in the rain, clean it with a wet cloth or hose it down. Hang it to dry.
- Release suberin when wet
- Suberin is naturally released by cork when wet. It improves your grip, cleans the mat, and prevents fluids from being absorbed. Keeping it smelling fresh and clean without the need for mat cleaners.
- Come with a free carrying strap
The Polynesian design is unique in that it is full of meaning as well as functionality. You are provided with a center rail for alignment in this design interrupted only by the Stingray in the center.
Shark teeth designs work as markers for hand placement and you have a sunburst theme out of both circles providing you guides for various angles. This symbol is representative of guidance, strength, and ferocity.
The Stingray is the centerpiece and has many meanings in Polynesian culture. It represents protection, but also adaptation, gracefulness, peacefulness, agility, speed and stealth.
*Please be sure to wipe down your mat when you first receive it with a wet paper towel. This only has to be done once as we use water based to prevent bleeding of the design. There is no need for mat cleaners on this mat, the properties of the cleaner will fade the design and prevent the mat from realizing its full potential.